Last Updated: September 18th, 2020.
You may revoke your consent to this policy or exercise your privacy rights. To do so, please contact us at email@example.com. If you revoke your consent, your account and profile information will be removed from our platform.
Information collected on our sites and applications is stored in the United States; therefore, your information may become subject to U.S. law.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. We receive and store this information when you enter it on our websites, send it to us, or provide it to us in any other way.
We collect information when you choose to give it to us. This includes:
- contact information like name, email address, street address, and phone number;
- your resume including job experience;
- the information you use to apply to jobs Hiring.co;
- information imported by you from third party applications;
- information you provide to us when you contact Hiring Company;
- credit card number and billing information (for services requiring payment);
- your race, ethnicity, or gender, if you choose to provide it. Some employers are required by law to collect this information on a voluntary basis; or
- information about your business, such as company name, size, and business type.
Information automatically collected about you when you use Hiring.co
We gather certain information automatically when you visit our sites or use our mobile applications. This information includes:
- your activity on Hiring.co, including the jobs you search for, view, and apply to
- your internet protocol (IP) address and internet service provider (ISP)
- your browser type and device ID
- the files viewed on our sites (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.)
- operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data
This data is collected about you automatically and is processed for Hiring.co’s legitimate interest. We combine this information with personal data to help detect and prevent fraud. We also combine this data with your profile and resume data to return the best job search results to you.
Information collected about you from third parties
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services, respond to you, operate and improve our sites and applications, and foster a positive user experience.
We use information with your consent as described at the time we collect that consent. This includes account creation and resume upload.
We use personal data for our legitimate interests, namely:
- to operate Hiring.co services;
- to contact and communicate with you when you contact us;
- to analyze, improve and optimize Hiring.co services; and
- to protect Hiring.co Services and the rights of users and others
- to enforce terms of Hiring.co’s services and prevent fraud and abuse of Hiring.co systems
By registering with Hiring.co, by managing your profile, by publicly posting information, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
To provide you with our services, which includes
- to create a Hiring.co account for you, including any resume you create or upload;
- to enable you to search for jobs and share them with others;
- to enable you to apply for jobs;
- if you are in the US, to add information gathered from public websites to your profile;
- to help potential employers find your resume and contact you;
- to make purchases;
- to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- to display targeted recruitment messages from employers;
- to contact you with service-related communications and security updates
- to provide information about you and your interest in job postings to employers;
- to provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
- to send you job alerts, newsletters, career advice, or other marketing communications you have opted in to receive;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Hiring.co or its affiliates;
- to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
To improve our services
- to give search engines access to public information;
- to conduct analytics and generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications;
- to track which jobs you search for, view, and apply to;
For security and fraud prevention
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- to make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you. Or, if you identify yourself as "Mrs." we will assume you are female.
Some of our products and services, such as our resume and profile database and social media search, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you.
Information you post in public areas of Hiring.co sites or applications or make visible in the resume and profile database may be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. WhileHiring.co takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use, Hiring.co does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you give to us. Accordingly, you should not post sensitive information or any other information you would not want made public, to any Hiring.co site or application or to a public website.
Our services include the display of personalized products, content, and advertising relating to your career experience and interests. We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. We show you targeted ads online. These ads are targeted based on information we collect about you and information about you we acquire from third parties including public websites and data providers. Please see your account notification settings to customize the notification you receive and the About Our Ads page in our Privacy Center to learn more about targeted ads.
How We Share Information
We provide you with a platform to broadcast information about yourself to maximize your career opportunities. The information we gather may be shared with the following categories of third parties:\
- employers, when you make your resume searchable or apply to a job;
- other companies hired to provide services onHiring.co’s behalf;
- other third parties where required by law;
- other third parties when you give your consent to such sharing such as for resume writing services;
By applying to a job, providing your contact information to show interest in a job, or by replying to a message from an employer, you consent to the disclosure of your information to that employer and to be contacted by such employer for employment related purposes.
We do not share contact information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure. We also share information in the following ways
1. We share your information with our service providers, which are third parties who help deliver our products and services to you. Examples of these services include hosting our web servers and site databases, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer management tools, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
2. We disclose information to third parties when you give your consent for us to do so. For example:
(a) if you make your resume searchable or if we collect information you’ve made available on a public website then all parties with access to our resume or profile database products will have access to your information; or
(b) if you opt in to receive information about the products or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to those third parties so they may contact you.
We also share aggregated information (including location data) about visitors to Hiring.co sites and application users with third parties to serve advertisements to you online. We also aggregate data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search. This aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to employers or shared publicly. If we create a co-branded site with another company, information collected on that site will be retained by both companies and subject to the privacy policies of both companies which will be published on the co-branded sites.
3. We may disclose to third parties information that we have collected from other websites.
4. We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith - after considering your privacy interests and other factors - that such action is necessary to: (a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) investigate fraud, prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
Cookies and Online Advertising
We use the following types of cookies:
- Security: these cookies allow us to secure access to your account.
- Preference: these cookies are used to store your preferences like language choice and display of job search results.
- Analytics: we track traffic patterns so we can identify popular content and potential problems.
- Advertising: we use non-identifiable information about you to show you advertising on Hiring.co and third-party sites.
Your data is submitted to Hiring Company, Inc. and is hosted and stored in databases on servers situated in the United States. Hiring Company, Inc., a Wyoming corporation with its principal place of business at 30 N Gould St. Ste 9603, Sheridan, WY 82801, USA, is the legal entity determining the purposes and means of processing the information gathered on Hiring.co sites and applications and is the data controller of all data Hiring.co collects from you. Hiring Company, Inc. is also a data controller of personal data collected on its sites.